A Trusted Source.
We understand the importance of trust, thus we consistently and consciously endeavor to provide our students with a Yoga Practice of the highest integrity in a safe and comfortable environment. The Yoga Institute of Deep East Texas is designed with your Yoga Journey in mind.
- 19+ years of practicing Anusara (branch of Hatha Yoga)
- 11+ years of teaching
- The Yoga Institute has proudly been serving the community since 2007
Meet Ruth Thomas
Ms. Thomas has been practicing Anusara Yoga for 19+ years and was certified as a Hatha Yoga Instructor in 2007 through Aura Wellness Centers in Attleborough, MA. She founded The Yoga Institute of Deep East Texas in 2007 and partnered with Trinity Valley Community College in Athens, Texas, to teach within their system. She left TVCC in order to form her stand-alone studio in 2008 and upon moving from Athens, she transferred her teaching practice to Ben Wheeler, Texas and in 2012 formed a partnership with Tyler Junior College to teach within their system. The Institute is now a small private school located in a cabin in the Deep East Texas forest.
She has over 200 hours of workshop training and has taught numerous students in over 5200 hours of teaching practice. She is proud that several of her students have gone on to become Yoga Instructors as well.
- See muscle tone come back to your body
- Your self improvement can visibly be seen by friends and family
- Learn great health habits
- Become a role model for your loved ones
- Eliminate stress from your life
- Get gentle guidance as you advance in your practice
- Don’t feel the common soreness associated with most exercise programs
- Make new friends
- Practice sessions function as a support group while you work toward self improvement
- Safe, clean and secure facility